Basically, there are two schools of thought regarding the effectiveness of low carb diet. The other camp contends that a low carb diet is very unhealthy because a person needs carbohydrates so that his or her body’s physiological functions will not be hindered.
The second camp, however, asserts that low carb diet is really beneficial not only for those who want to maintain their weight for those who are suffering from obesity and high blood pressure as well.
Which camp do you think will win this diet war? If you are interested, you can use the internet to find low carb weight loss blog posts.
A lot of dieticians and physicians nowadays have already released a statement that details the profits of a low carb diet. You can read their statement below:
1. By eating a low carb diet, your weight will gradually decrease. Extensive scientific researches and experiments have revealed that those individuals who observed a low carb high fiber diet have significantly got lighter. It must be remembered, however, that the extent of weight loss may vary from one person to another and it’s also dependent on the person’s dedication to burn calories and sugar.
2. A low carb diet will not only help in reducing weight but it also helps in regulating the level of blood sugar in your body. The researches conducted by various scientists have yielded positive results that confirmed the low carb diet’s effectiveness when it comes to decreasing the amount of glycohemoglobin and fasting glucose in the blood.
3. A low carb diet will also lessen the risk of getting high blood pressure. As everyone knows, having a high blood pressure also increases the risk of heart and stroke attacks. Hence, if you want to be safe from these conditions then you better start changing your eating habit.
4. Insulin regulation will also improve when you start implementing the low carb diet. You must understand that if there’s a large amount of insulin inside your body, you will have the tendency to develop hyperinsulinemia which is a condition that makes your body impervious to insulin due to the high amount of insulin. If this happens then you are more prone to acquire coronary heart diseases.
5. There will also be a significant improvement in the levels of triglycerides in your body once you shift to a low carb diet. Studies have found out that large amount of triglycerides can trigger the development of various cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, lowered levels of HDL- cholesterol and abnormality in lipoprotein metabolism.
6. Abnormality in lipid profile will also be prevented once you turn to a low carb diet. Lipid profile abnormality is usually caused by large amount of insulin in the blood.
7. Just for clarification, not all cholesterol is bad. The body needs the HDL-cholesterol to function properly. If the amount of HDL cholesterol drops significantly then you are risking yourself and your heart. With a low carb diet, you are assured that your HDL cholesterol is maintained at a healthy level.
8. A low carb diet also helps in decreasing the amount of C-Reactive protein in your body. A high amount of the C-reactive protein would mean that there’s a higher risk posed against your cardiovascular system.
Aside from the mentioned eight benefits, you can still scour the web to find low carb weight loss articles. Overall, the truth behind the wonderful effects of a low carb diet has just been unveiled to be true since the experts have already attested to it.